D-Link has been providing networking hardware to the users from a very long time. Their routers are very reliable and trustworthy. The D-Link routers contain some of the very advanced features that help the user better configure and setup their router and the network that is most suitable to the user’s needs. The user can login using http://dlinkrouter.local web domain name. The routers translate the web domain name and automatically translate the address to the default IP address specific to the router. The user will be taken to the login page for the router where the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. Only after successfully logging in to the router, the user will be able to access the advanced features for their router.
The login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. After logging in to the router, the user can customize, configure, control, monitor and even repair their network themselves.
Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the D-Link router
- Connect the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly on both ends.
- Now, connect the desktop computer or laptop to any of the four internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Double check the connections on both ends.
- Open any internet browser of your choice and enter http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar. Press enter. The user will then be taken to the login page for the D-Link router.
- There, the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding their D-Link router. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the Setup page will appear.
- The Setup will try to detect the type of internet connection that you will have. The Setup will detect the connection as Dynamic IP for all the wired connections.
- Click Save to apply the settings made.
The router will have been setup and logged in by the user now. The user can access the router and its advanced features as well as the settings to further configure their network much more suitable to their needs.