D-Link routers are some of the most user friendly and reliable routers. The D-Link routers provide some of the best coverage and a stable connection, thus providing a smooth user experience. Their routers contain some of the most advanced features that help the users configure their network in such a way such that the user’s network is most suitable to their needs. But the user can only access the advanced features once the user has successfully logged in to the router. The login process is very simple and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can access the login page using the web domain http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar and press enter. The user will then be directed to the login page for the router. There, the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router.
Here, we will show you what the D-Link setup process is and how to perform it using the troubleshooting steps:
- Connect the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly on both ends.
- Now, connect the desktop computer or laptop to any of the four internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Double check the connections on both ends.
- Open any internet browser of your choice and enter http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar. Press enter. The user will then be taken to the login page for the D-Link router.
- There, the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding their D-Link router. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the Setup page will appear.
- The Setup will try to detect the type of internet connection that you will have. The Setup will detect the connection as Dynamic IP for all the wired connections.
- Click Save to apply the settings made.