D-Link is one of the foremost providers for networking hardware to the users. They provide some of the most reliable and user friendly routers. Their routers contain some of the most advanced features that can be accessed once the user has logged in initially to the router. With the help of these features, the user can better customize the settings of the router and configure their network suitable to their needs. Some of the advanced features are the Guest Network, Parental Controls, Media Prioritization, Network Map, Network Speed Test and a lot more. With the help of these features and more, the user can perform a lot of different functions to better secure their network and for their ease of access to their network.
The login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user will have to access the login page for their D-Link router. For that, the user will have to open an internet browser and type http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar and enter the default information when prompted. For most of the D-Link routers, the default username and password is “admin” and the username and password are case sensitive.
In this blog, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the D-Link routers.
Here are the steps to setup and login to the D-Link router
- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly on both ends.
- Now, connect the desktop computer or laptop to any of the four internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Double check the connections made on both ends.
- Open any web browser of your choice and type http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar and press enter. The user will be taken to the login page for the router.
- The user will then be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username and password is “admin” for most of the D-Link routers. The username and password is case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the Setup page will appear.
- The web based interface will try to detect the type of internet connection that the user will have. The Setup detects the connection as Dynamic IP for all the wired connections.
- Once the Setup has detected the type of connection, click on Save to save the settings made on the router.
The D-Link router will now have been setup and logged in by the user. The user can now further configure their network themselves with the help of on screen instructions.