The D-link Routers are popular worldwide because of their extremely good quality products. This has made this Company a lot more trustworthy and has risen up the ranks of the industry very easily. The sheer amount of people that are buying the D-Link routers has exceeded the roof. This company has done so much for its users now that it has exceeded everyone’s expectations by a far greater degree than what was previously mentioned. The mere speed at which these D-link routers work can be up to 4 Gbps. This speed is usually very hard to attain since it is a very big number, but these engineers at the D-Link company were able to not only achieve it in practice, but also were able to incorporate it into their commercial product.
The website through which the users can change the inner settings of the D-Link router is http://dlinkrouter.local.
When the D-Link Router settings page was not up to date, it used to be a problem as the interface was very hard to navigate through. This made the whole thing extremely messy. But recently, all the interfaces and the hardware were upgraded to new standards and this enabled far more people to open this local router page and change the smallest of settings. This has far by been a success as it lets the user control every single aspect of the D-Link router.
Few of the features of a D-Link router are:
- Gigabit LAN, WAN connections that can achieve far more speed than what is normally expected.
- Concurrent dual-band wireless for connections up to 1200 Mbps
- Seamless Wireless Performance with the help of multiple Antennas
- Web browser-based setup and configuration
- IPv6 support for future proofing the devices and the Wireless router
Finally, to get started with how consumers can perform a few actions by themselves, we have written a guide on how one can easily perform a few tasks. For starters, we have written a guide on how a normal consumer of a D-Link router can setup the router without any external help.
D-Link router Setup (Easy Method)
- To initiate this procedure of setting up a D-Link router, we will be taking everything out of the box and putting it on a table.
- Next, you have to attach an Ethernet cable to the D-Link router, and the other end to the modem.
- When this is done, you need to connect the power cable to the D-Link router and plug it in.
- Turn on your D-Link Router and the computer/laptop you will be working on.
- After all of this is done, you will be going to the Desktop of the computer.
- Look for a web browser app.
- Double click on it to open that app. (Firefox or Google Chrome preferred)
- Type in the link http://dlinkrouter.local and press enter.
- When you have completed the previous step, you will be taken to the official router page.
- If the page asks you for a username and a password type in the word “admin” for the username, and the word “password” for the password.
- A Quick Setup Guide will appear before you. Select the automated setup option to let the Quick Setup Guide choose most of the setting based on the requirements.
- After you have done that, follow the full procedure and do exactly as the screen asks you to do so.
- When you have finished all of the above steps, click Finish.
This step completes the whole process of setting up a D-Link router. This guide was written in a very simple English language so most of the users can understand what all is written and can use this to setup the D-Link router themselves. After setting this D-Link router up, you will be able to configure the D-link router yourself and use it to your own advantage. You can also tweak the settings a little bit by yourself to learn more about the router. However, this practice is not recommended anymore since this might break your settings of your D-Link router. Finally, let’s look at how one can reset the D-Link router, in case the user forgets the current password of the D-link router.
Reset the D-link router in a Quick way
- To get started with this guide, you have to turn on the D-Link Router first. This is an essential step as the D-Link router won’t be able to reset itself if the power is turned off.
- Then, pick up the D-Link router and turn it backwards. The side that should be facing you should be where the ports are situated at.
- There, you will notice a Reset button.
- Keep this button pressed for more than 10 seconds OR until the LEDs start blinking.
- When this step is done, you will notice that the D-Link Router just restarted itself.
After a few minutes, you will be able to go to the D-Link local router page again and you will have to setup d-link router one more time. This has been done because you just reset the d-link router, which in process deleted the whole user network information from its own memory. Even when a person has forgotten the username and password of the router, the customer has to initiate a reset procedure because it becomes invariably hard for anyone to bring back the data because it is just not possible. This has been done to protect all the personal network information that is stored within the router from the previous network. The users should also try to keep changing the D-Link router password as it helps in reducing the possibility of hackers trying to infiltrate the network. These hackers will try every single possible way to steal innocent people’s data and then sell that to the black market. But, as the industry is moving forward, more and more people are seeing less of these attacks since the security is just too good for these people to break through.