D-Link is one of finest names in producing some of the best routers, modems, and extenders etc. The D-Link routers are known for their smooth, swift and flawless performance. The Dual and tri-band technology of the D-Link routers renders a combined speed of more than 4 Gbps. The D-Link routers and modems have the Gigabit and MU-MIMO (multiple users and multiple input/output) technologies. This means that multiple input/output devices like storage, gaming and media devices can be appended in a network through multiple users. The Gigabit feature enables the extension in a network through the wired method preferably through an Ethernet cable. The D-Link has a wide range of products enlisted in their product gallery that includes the wireless routers, modems, Wi-Fi range extenders, power socket etc.
Accessing the D-Link router via http://dlinkrouter.local
The D-link users previously used to set up their routers and modems through the default IP addresses i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. This IP address is inbuilt in almost all of the D-Link routers and modems but D-Link came up with an effective and easy way to log in and configure the routers. D-Link launched the web domain www.dlinkrouter.local. This web address proved to be quite useful also for the users who didn’t have much experience of setting up the routers and modems. This web address is easy to remember and use. The vast range of the D-Link products especially in the router section is listed below.
- D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
- D-Link DIR-600L Wireless N150 Cloud Router
- D-Link EXO AC2600 MU-MIMO Router
- D-Link DIR-842 Wireless AC Dual Band Gigabit Router
- D-Link DIR-825 AC Wi-Fi Dual-Band Gigabit Router
Open dlink router admin page by using IP address 192.168.0.1 on your internet browser. Make sure you have your computer connected via An Ethernet cable or using WiFi.
If you want to change username and password of your router open, dlinkrouter.local and click on Password change.
The D-Link DIR series comes with the dual-band gigabit technology. The dual-band refers to the two bands that render a combined fast speed of the internet and network. Mostly the dual-band in the D-Link routers delivers a combined speed of up to 3-4 Gbps. The dual-band runs on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands. The Gigabit Ethernet port lets the user connect the external storage devices like HDD, live streaming gadgets, gaming consoles etc. The Gigabit technology delivers a lightning-fast speed that doesn’t let the user lag behind.
Setting up and log in to the D-Link router through http://dlinkrouter.local
Every router and modem needs to be configured before being put to use in a network. The configuration process of the D-Link router is made quite convenient by creating the web domain www.dlinkrouter.local. The most common error users had to face was the error while logging in to their router configuration portal. This happened primarily due to the error in inputting the default IP address of the router. The users mostly enter the wrongly spelled IP address of the router that causes the denial of the access to the router home page.
Configuring the D-Link router through www.dlinkrouter.local
- Open the D-Link router and assemble all the important components of it. The enclosed components include Ethernet cable, router, power adapters etc.
- Connect the router and modem to the power supply through the wall socket of your house. Switch on the power supply of the router.
- Connect the router to the computer through an Ethernet cable in the LAN port and similarly connect the modem to the WAN port of the router through another Ethernet cable. The Ethernet cable should be RJ45.
- After establishing a secure connection between the router, modem and the computer, open the latest web browser like “Google Chrome” etc.
- Enter the web address dlinkrouter.local in the address bar of the browser and hit the enter key.
- The login page will appear and you will need to authenticate the page with a username and the password. The default username and password for D-Link routers/modems is “admin” and “password”.
- Go to the Internet WAN section of the router homepage, select the appropriate connection type. Some of the connection types are PPPoE, L2TP, etc. However, for a successful internet connection, select the PPPoE connection type.
- Enter the correct values for the Internet WAN field provided by the DSL service providers and go on with the configuration.
- After the values are input properly, follow the quick setup wizard of D-Link router for the rest of the configuration.
- Click on the Save and Apply changes Your router will reboot automatically to write the new settings on it.
The router will take a few minutes of your time. Wait for the router to reboot and hence your router will be configured to the customized settings.
WPS mode of connection
The WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup) is an easy and ultra-fast method of getting connected to a network and internet. The WPS method of connection involves the pressing of the WPS button on the router, modem, and computer almost at the same instance of time. In this part, we will let you know about the WPS connection method. Follow these below mentioned steps in order to connect through WPS.
· Open your router and modem from their packing.
· Supply the power to both the equipment and switch them on.
· Now, there is a small button given on the back of the router as well as modem called the WPS button.
· Push the WPS button on the router and modem and within few seconds click on the WPS tab on your device.
· Your computer will get connected to the network within a few seconds without any complexity.
However, you will need to customize and configure your modem/router in order to get connected to the internet. Just follow the quick setup wizard of the D-link router setup and the configuration will be done in few minutes.
Warning : never unplug your router when it is making changes to the router or you Reset or use WPS method. While upgrading the firmware don’t turn off the router .
Resetting the D-Link router
Resetting the router means erasing all the data written on it and bringing it back to the original factory state. The reset on the router can be performed if it is malfunctioning or stops working completely. The router can be reset through one of the several ways. The reset methods are listed as.
§ Reset via the reset button
§ Reset via the web-based interface of the router.
You need to remember that the router configuration needs to be done all again after the reset with all the data to be entered again.
Resetting the router web-based interface through http://dlinikrouter.local Assuming that you are still connected to the network, you need to perform the below-mentioned steps in order to reset your router to the factory settings.
Open the web browser and enter the address www.dlinkrouter.local and authenticate the page with a username and password you have set or the default username and password is “admin” and “password”.
Now, on the homepage of the router, lookout for the Administration tab, click on it and you will see further the Factory reset tab in the bottom part of the page.
Click on the factory reset tab and the router will start rebooting and the lights on the display panel of the router will start blinking.
The router will reboot in a few seconds or a minute. Wait for the reboot to finish and your router will now be in its original factory state. In this way, all the settings on the router will be erased.